If You Can Afford to Travel,
You Can Afford Travel Insurance
It’s always surprising when we get asked the question: “do we really need travel insurance?”
While some may not mind taking the risk of losing money if you lose your belongings or need to cancel your trip….. no one wants to be without health care in the case of an emergency situation.
The reality in Bali hospitals is it’s payments first, treatments second. Even with travel insurance if you need to be admitted to hospital, you will be required to pay around a $500 AUD deposit (which is refundable) while they contact your insurance company. Those with no coverage are up for thousands of dollars each day they require hospitalisation.
We get many requests asking us to post about GoFundMe campaigns for tourists who have become ill or who have been in an accident during their holiday and don’t have travel insurance to pay for their treatments.
We also often hear “I can’t afford it”.
It’s this simple, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel. In our opinion, at the very least you should have medical insurance when travelling. Medical bills can add up very quickly, even for the simplest of treatments. If you pay a little extra for your policy you can get Comprehensive Cover which also covers you for theft, loss, cancellation and natural disasters. Getting insurance is quick and easy!
Important things to know:
- You will only be covered for riding a moped in Bali if you have a license to ride a motorcycle in your home country AND have a current International driving license.
- If you are riding without a helmet, under the influence of alcohol or without a shirt, travel insurance will not cover your claim.
- If you need to go to the doctor/hospital during your stay take a credit card or cash (for a deposit payment) and your a copy of your insurance.
- Leave a copy of your insurance with someone from home and give a copy to those you are travelling with.
- Keep any receipts from receipts/report from out of pocket expenses arising form anything you will be claiming for (eg: medical, travel delays, theft, loss etc).
Get Your Quote
Please don’t travel to Bali without insurance, we hate reading about people who are meant to be having the time of their lives and it turning into a financial nightmare for themselves and their families.