Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c11/h04/mnt/191364/domains/balibuddies.com/html/wp-content/themes/stockholm/templates/blog/blog_single-loop.php on line 332
Arriving in Bali
Things to know about arriving in Bali
On this page, we’re sharing useful tips for a hassle-free arrival at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali. One of our best tips is to take out the stress of the arrival experience by booking the VIP Immigration service. We all know that the waiting lines can be horrific at certain times of the day. This service includes a personal concierge who’ll walk you through the arrival process; from arrival in the terminal all the way through the exit. Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? Skipping the lines…
- Your passport must have at least 6 months validity on it from your arrival date in Bali. You can’t be short by even one or two days or they will not let you even board the plane.
- It is the law that you cannot take any liquid that is more than 100ml on your carry on luggage on an international flight (this includes lipgloss, gels, creams etc), even if the bottle is almost empty and holds more than 100ml you will be unable to take it on board. Make sure these items are packed in your checked in luggage.
- If you have a passport from a country that does not get a free Visa on Arrival you will first need to pay for your Visa. A 30 day free Visa on Arrival is applicable to all Australian and New Zealand passport holders. If you plan to stay longer than 30 days you MUST pay $35 USD for a Visa on arrival.
- Once you go through immigration you will head to baggage claim. Be prepared, Bali airport is known to take a while for bags to arrive on the baggage carousel. There is free Wi-Fi in the airport though, to keep you entertained!
- Once you have collected your bags you will need to go through Customs, where you have to hand in one customs declaration form per family; this is where you need to declare any of the goods listed on the form. In an effort to go paperlist, it is now possible to complete the form online and present the QR to the customs officer. On this website you can fill out the Customs Declaration form up to two days before arrival. Every passenger over 18 years of age is allowed 1 litre of alcohol duty free.
- When your bags have been scanned and you have cleared Customs you will exit the airport. Expect to see a metal barrier with many drivers standing behind it holding signs up with names on it. If you are looking for one of our Bali Buddies drivers you will see a sign with our logo on it and your name. This area can be busy, take your time to find your sign.
- Porters – there are many porters at this area who will want to help you with your bags. If you let them carry your bags they will expect between 20,000 IDR – 50,000 IDR per bag. If you use their help it is best to negotiate the price before they take them. If you have a driver they will carry your bags free of charge. If you do not want the porters help just politely say no thank you.